Just a couple days ago, the LTE variant of Galaxy Note 8.0 with model no . GT-N5120 received its first official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. In contrast, the regular model GT-N5110 is yet to taste any official Jelly Bean firmware from Samsung.
However, there is certainly some good news for Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 users, as they can now get pleasure from the newest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean experience on the device via developer sbrissen's CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM, the test release. Test build of CM10.2 ROM now offers a refreshing new theme engine and focal camera app.
Another noteworthy features ported into your newly released Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware include permission manager, virtual multichannel audio, a better dial pad, better Linux kernel, supports Bluetooth pairing with low-powered devices, user account control with restricted profiles, and trim feature to prevent sluggishness after a while.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 users who would like to install Android 4.3 on their devices using the CM10.2 unofficial build could follow our stepwise guide below.
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held responsible for any mishap. Users are also suggested to make sure that their handsets meet the subsequent needs before installing the custom build.
Key Points to Notice:
- Download and Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to transfer files between the Android device and the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet to connect it with the PC and use Android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option and then check the USB Debugging Mode.
- Because the tutorial would possibly wipe out all information of the tablet, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries like ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed, then backup information using the recovery.
- The Galaxy 8.0 ought have higher than eighty percent battery charge.
- The tablet ought be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
- The CM10.2 unofficial builds work solely with Samsung Galaxy 8.0 GT-N5110 As flashing these on any incorrect variant is likely to brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by navigating to Settings> About Tablet> Model Number.
- After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experiences boot loop, then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache 5 more times before rebooting the device.
- Users are suggested to allow 5 to ten minutes to the ROM after the device boots up the primary time to settle everything for an improved using experience.
Steps to install Android 4.3 jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 with CM10.2 unofficial build:
- Step-1) Download CM10.2 Android 4.3 jelly bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy 8.0 to the PC.
- Step-2) Download Google Apps package.
- Step-3) Connect and mount the Galaxy Note 8.0 USB memory on the PC using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the tablet. make sure that the files are within the SD card root not in any folder. Also, don't extract any file.
- Step-4) Disconnect the USB cable from the tablet and switch it off.
- Step-5) Boot the tablet into Recovery Mode by turning on the tablet whereas pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons along. Then release all 3 buttons.
- Note: In recovery mode, use the volume keys to navigate between the options and Power button to pick the required option.
- Step-6) In recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup of the present ROM that can be restored later if the new ROM doesn't work or just in case users want to go back to the previous ROM. To perform Nandroid backup, choose Backup and Restore, and then on the next screen, choose Backup once more. return to the main recovery menu once the backup is completed.
- Step-7) Perform information wiping task to eliminate clash between the new ROM and the previous ROM. choose wipe data/factory reset and then choose yes on the next screen to verify the action. wait for some time till the wiping method is finished and come back to the CWM recovery menu. currently perform a cache wipe by choosing wipe cache partition.
- Note: This is optional however it's suggested that you perform a wipe of dalvik cache to avoid boot loops and any other error. From CWM recovery, go to advanced option and then choose wipe dalvik cache.
- Step-8) Come back to the main recovery menu and choose install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the CM10.2 Android 4.3 ROM zip earlier copied to the SD card of the tablet. Press the power button to pick it and confirm installation on the next screen. The ROM installation ought currently begin.
- Step-9) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the above step however currently select Google Apps to install same.
- Step-10) Once the installation method is completed, go to +++++Go Back +++++ and reboot the tablet by choosing reboot system now from the recovery menu. The device will reboot currently and boot up into the personalized CM10.2 custom firmware. the primary boot will take regarding 5 minutes.
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot the tablet into recovery, choose Backup and Restore then restore the ROM by choosing it from the list.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 ought currently be updated with CM10.2 Android 4.3 jelly bean custom ROM. To verify the new software version running on the device head over to Settings> About Tablet.