Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users can currently relish an updated version of well-liked hybrid ROM, Paranoid Android v3.99, which offers the newest Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) options with bug-fixes and enhancements for a unique Android experience. The ROM offers hybrid user-interface (UI) with support for fast toggle between tablet and smartphone UI.
Some of the noteworthy options ported into the new hybrid UI engine include: Per app Layout (switch individual apps between phone and tablet layouts), Per app Size (scale apps individually) and Per app color (select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually).
Here is the list of bug-fixes and feature enhancements added to this ROM to eliminate known problems found within the previous build:
- Advance FC option in setting fixed.
- Reverted several experimental commits that cause system lag.
- Odexed for better performance.
- Merged CyanogenMod (CM) changes.
- Fixed DSP Manager.
- Bluetooth services are fixed with support for latest soures.
- Added Torch functionality.
NOTE: The directions provided during this guide are meant for reference purpose solely. IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked throughout or after ROM installation. Users are suggested to proceed at their own risk.
Key Points to Notice:
- Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM and also the directions provided during this guide are applicable to the international variant - Galaxy S2 I9100 model solely. don't try these directions on the other device, because it could inadvertently brick or damage the device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings> About Phone.
- Back up vital information and settings on the phone by using one of the suggested custom recovery tools like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, because it creates an entire image of the present phone setup.
- Ensure the device has a minimum of eighty percent battery charge to stop sudden device shutdown (due to battery drain) throughout ROM installation.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed on it.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings> Developer Options if phone is running Android 4.0 or later or go to Settings> Applications> Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier). If the device is running Android 4.2, then perform the subsequent steps:
- Go to Settings> Android Phone.
- Scroll right down to the bottom of the screen and choose Build Number.
- Tap Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal hidden Developer Options. Now, choose the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings> Developer Options.
Steps to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 via ParanoidAndroid 3.99 ROM:
- Step-1) Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM and Google Apps package on the PC.
- Step-2) Connect the phone to PC with original USB cable and copy the downloaded Paranoid Android ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
- Step-3) Power off the phone and boot it into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and home buttons along and then at the same time tap the power button till the green robot icon with a triangle seems on the screen. This confirms entry into Recovery mode.
- Step-4) Before flashing the new ROM do the subsequent steps in CWM recovery:
- a) wipe data/factory reset
- b) wipe cache
- c) go to "advanced" and perform wipe dalvik cache
- d) go to "mounts and storage" and format system
- Step-5) In CWM recovery, click Install zip from SD card and choose the ROM zip file copied earlier to the phone's SD card (repeat this step) for installing Google Apps as well). after choosing the ROM file, permit the ROM to be installed on the device. This method could take regarding four to 5 minutes to finish.
- Step-6) After the device is updated, hit Reboot System now to reboot the phone into the freshly installed ROM.
NOTE: If the device fails to boot or freezes at home screen then remove the battery and reinsert it to boot the device again in normal mode.
Paranoid Android 3.5 ROM is currently with success installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100. go to Settings> About Phone to see the Software version installed.