Samsung has extended an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with base firmware XXDMC3 for the international 3G + Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab two 10.1 with model number GT-P5100. The XXDMC3 jelly bean is presently accessible for the Galaxy Tab two users from France. Users can grab the update via Samsung KIES.
The XXDMC3 is an unbranded version of firmware which suggests it can be installed on any Galaxy Tab two 10.1 except those which are from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Details of Firmware:
- PDA: P5100XXDMC3.
- CSC: P5100XEFDMA2.
- Version: android 4.1.2.
- Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom.
The Galaxy tablet users who fail to upgrade their devices with android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 jelly bean via official technique for being region specific, may follow our stepwise guide to install the update manually.
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held liable for any harm. Before continuing, users are also suggested to verify that their devices meet following needs.
Key Points to Notice:
- Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab two 10.1 on the PC.
- Make sure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled on the tablet to connect the android device with the PC and use android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option and make sure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.
- The tutorial is likely to wipe all the information of the tablet. Therefore, before continuing create backup of all information of the device. If the tablet has a custom recovery like CWM/TWRP already installed, then users are suggested to backup the information using the same.
- The Tab two 10.1 ought to be factory unlocked.
- Verify that the tablet has higher than eighty per cent of battery charge.
- The tablet will lose custom firmware with the installation of official firmware. additionally, it'll no longer belong to rooted version once the official update is installed.
- The android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 jelly bean works solely on Samsung Galaxy Tab two 10.1 P5100. Flashing this on any incorrect variant would possibly brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Galaxy Tab two 10.1 by navigating to Settings> about tablet.
How to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100:
- Step-1) Download android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 jelly bean official firmware for Galaxy Tab two 10.1 to the PC. Then extract the downloaded zip file to get a .tar or .tar.md5 file together with some other files.
- Step-2) Download Odin3 v3.07 which will facilitate to install the jelly bean firmware. Extract the zip file.
- Step-3) Shut down the Galaxy tablet. now place the device into download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons along till a warning screen seems. Then press the volume Down button to continue to enter download Mode.
- Step-4) Run Odin on the PC.
- Step-5) Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 to the PC using USB cable whereas the device is in the download Mode. Wait till Odin detects the device. once the tablet is connected with success ID: COM will turn yellow. just in case Odin doesn't find the device then attempt another USB port, try the port located at the rear side of the PC. If that doesn't work too then re-install USB driver.
- Step-6) Now choose these files extracted from the XXDMC3 folder to install on the tablet.
- a) Click the PDA button and choose file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension.
- b) Click the Phone button and choose file with modem in its name.
- c) Click the CSC button and choose file with CSC in its name.
- d) Click the pit button and choose the .pit file.
- Note: Ignore the steps b, c and d if such files aren't found.
- Step-7) In Odin, verify that auto reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are chosen. however leave the Re-Partition option unchecked
- Step-8) Now hit the start button in Odin to begin the flashing firmware. The installation method ought to begin now and it might take some time to finish.
- Step-9) Upon the completion of the flashing method, a PASS message will seem in Odin indicating successful installation. The tablet will then reboot automatically. Once the home screen seems on the screen, users could disconnect the USB cable from the tablet to Unplug it from the PC.
Samsung Galaxy Tab two 10.1 P5100 ought to be now updated with android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 jelly bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> about tablet to verify the Firmware version running on the device.