Samsung Galaxy Ace is the predecessor of all members of the Galaxy Ace line up and one of the foremost known android smartphone that includes mid-range specifications. Galaxy Ace runs android 2.3 Gingerbread and no official updates was released since. If you own a Galaxy Ace, here is your probability to update it to android 4.2.2 jelly bean.
Maclaw Studio released an android 4.2.2 jelly bean custom firmware based on android Open source Project. It includes all options of android 4.2.2 jelly bean and extra customization options.
Note: this is a custom ROM and its developers aren't responsible for any damage which may occur on your device. make research relating to custom ROMs, rooting and other matter before continuing. read and follow the directions carefully to avoid destroying your device. try this at your own risk.
Key Points to Notice:
This custom ROM is merely applicable to Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. never flash this ROM to a different device or else suffer potential consequences.
Battery level should be at fifty per cent throughout installation to avoid power interruption.
Create a backup of all personal info, settings and information files on your device.
Install all necessary drivers on your PC. download and install the Samsung Kies then connect your Galaxy Ace to install its drivers.
A custom recovery app like ClockworkMod ought to be installed on your device.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device.
Steps to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update with AOSP Beta 1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
- Step-1) Download the AOSP Beta 1 custom ROM and also the Google apps.
- Note: Don't Extract any file.
- Step-2) Connect your Galaxy Ace to the PC then copy the AOSP Beta 1 custom ROM and the Google Apps package your have downloaded early to the SD card of your smartphone.
- Step-3) Disconnect the device from the PC and switch it off.
- Step-4) Press home + Power key to reboot the device into Recovery mode.
- Step-5) Within the ClockworkMod recovery, make a nAndroid backup of the present ROM and restore it if required. To do this, move to "backup and restore" and click on "backup."
- Step-6) Now do a full wipe on your device. return and choose "wipe data/factory reset" then "wipe cache partition."
- Step-7) Once the entire wipe, choose "install zip from SD card" then "choose zip from SD card." choose the AOSP Beta 1 you've copied early on your device. Do the same with the Google Apps package.
- Step-8) Once the installation is complete, go back, and choose "reboot system now." wait for a minimum of five minutes until the primary time boot finishes.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy Ace is now running android 4.2.2 using the AOSP Beta 1 firmware from Maclaw Studio.