Samsung recently extended its latest official jelly bean update, Android 4.1.2 XXUCMC1, in several countries. Those residing in Russia have already received the official firmware via Over-The-Air (OTA) notification. however, people who are unable to receive OTA notifications or are facing problems installing updates via Samsung KIES can follow our stepwise guide to install the same manually.
NOTE: The installation of this firmware doesn't need custom recovery tools like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery, because it uses Odin flash tool. The firmware can be installed on any factory unlocked Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 (Wi-Fi).
- PDA: N8010XXUCMC1
- CSC: N8010SERCMC1
- Version: 4.1.2
- Date: March, 2013
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held responsible for any mishap. Users are also suggested to confirm that their handsets meet following needs.
Key Points to Notice:
- Download and Install USB Drivers for Tablet to transfer files between the android device to the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with V and use android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option and make sure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.
- Because the tutorial might wipe all information of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries like ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
- The Tablet ought have higher than eighty % battery charge.
- The device ought be factory unlocked and not locked to a selected carrier.
- The N8010XXUCMC1 is an official firmware which suggests the phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official version. additionally, it'll lose custom recovery which will get replaced with the stock recovery.
- The device will no long belong to a rooted version once official build is installed.
- The Android 4.1.2 XXUCMC1 official firmware works solely on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010. Flashing this on any incorrect variant would possibly brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Tablet.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXUCMC1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010:
- Step-1) Download Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 Jelly Bean official update for to the PC.
- Step-2) Extract the downloaded zip to get a .tar.md5 file with some other files.
- Step-3) Download Odin3 v3.07. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files.
- Step-4) Shut down the Tablet and sit up for about 5 to 6 seconds for vibration to verify complete power off.
- Step-5) Place the device into download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons along until a construction android robot seems on the screen. Then press the volume Up button to enter into download Mode.
- Step-6) Run Odin3.v3.07.exe as an Administrator.
- Step-7) Connect the phone to the PC using USB cable while the device is in download Mode. wait for some time until Odin detects the device. once the device is connected with success, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. in addition, a message saying added will seem under Odin. If the added message doesn't show, then attempt the USB port located at the rear of the PC. If that too doesn't work, then re-install USB drivers.
- Step-8) Choose the files extracted from I9505XXUAME1 folder to install on the phone.
- a) Click on PDA button and choose file with .tar.md5 extension.
- b) Click on Phone button and choose file with modem in its name.
- c) Click on CSC button and choose file with CSC in its name.
- d) Click on PIT button and choose the .pit file.
- Note: Ignore the steps-b, c and d just in case such files aren't found.
- Step-9) In Odin, verify that auto reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are chosen. As for Re-Partition, choose the option if solely a .pit file is being used.
- Step-10) Finally, click the start button in Odin. The installation method ought begin now and would take a couple of minutes to complete
- Step-11) Once the installation method is completed, a PASS message will seem in Odin indicating the successful installation. Then phone will then restart automatically. Once the home screen seems on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the device to disconnect it from the PC.
If the Tablet gets stuck at boot animation or the Samsung logo (after step-10) then boot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons along. Perform data wiping task by choosing wipe data/factory rest and then choose Wipe Cache Partition. after the action is completed, return to main recovery menu and reboot the phone by choosing reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to pick the required option.
Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 jelly bean ought currently be installed and running on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010. Head over to Settings> about Phone to verify the software version of the device.