Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 is one of many devices under the Galaxy line which will receive Android 4.2 as their last update. However, Samsung hasn't proclaimed any release dates or progress with the update. If you own a Galaxy Grand I9082, you can manually update the device to Android 4.2.2 jelly bean using CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM.
CyanogenMod or CM is one of the most effective custom ROM accessible and totally free. CM10.1 options Android 4.2.2 jelly bean, processor tweaking and virtual bloat-free system.
Warning: this is a custom ROM which may damage your device. Developers are not responsible for whatever happens on your device. read and follow the directions carefully to forestall damaging your phone. do this at your own risk.
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the custom firmware, users are suggested to make sure that their handsets meet the subsequent needs.
Key Points to Notice:
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand to transfer files between the Android device and PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the PC and use Android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option and make sure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.
- Because the tutorial is likely to wipe all information of the phone, create backup for the same. If the device has any custom recoveries like ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup information using the recovery.
- Make sure that the Galaxy Grand ought have higher than eighty per cent of battery charge.
- The phone ought be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
- The CM10.1 works solely on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 or GT-I9082L Applying this on any incorrect variant would possibly brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Galaxy device by navigating to Settings> About phone> Model number.
- After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experience boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache 5 more times and then reboot the device.
Steps to install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 jelly bean Update on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 or GT-I9082L:
- Step-1) Download CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 jelly bean build to the PC.
- Step-2) Download Google Apps package.
- Step-3) Connect the USB cable to the Galaxy Grand to connect it with the PC. Then copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone.
- Step-4) Disconnect the phone from the PC and switch it off. wait for regarding 5 to 6 seconds to finish the power down cycle.
- Step-5) Now place the phone into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons along until the screen of the phone flashes then release all 3 buttons. after few seconds the phone will enter into recovery mode.
- Note: In recovery mode, use the volume buttons to scroll between options and Power button to pick the required option.
- Step-6) Perform a Nandroid backup of the present ROM which can be restored later just in case the new ROM doesn't work or users want to go back to the previous firmware. To perform Nandroid backup choose Backup and Restore then on the next screen choose Backup once more. when backup is completed, come back to the main recovery menu.
- Step-7) Now perform information wiping task to avoid clash between the new ROM and the previous ROM. choose wipe data/ factory reset then choose yes on the next screen to verify the action. wait for couple of minutes until the info wiping method is completed then return to the CWM recovery menu. choose wipe cache partition then choose Wipe Dalvik Cache under the advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping. Once the action is completed, return to the recovery menu.
- Step-8) Choose install zip from sdcard then choose opt for zip from sdcard. now find the CM10.1 zip which is saved within the SD card of the phone. choose it pressing the power button and confirm installation by choosing yes on the next screen. The ROM installation ought begin now.
- Step-9) When the ROM is installed, follow the same procedure step-8 however now opt for the Google apps package to install the same.
- Step-10) Once the flashing method is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by choosing reboot system now. The device will now boot up into the personalized CM10.1. the primary boot will take regarding couple of minutes.
Note: to go back to the previous ROM, boot the phone into recovery, choose Backup and Restore then restore the ROM by choosing it from the list.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 or GT-I9082L ought be now updated with CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 jelly bean custom build. Head over to Settings> About Phone to verify the new Firmware version running on the device.