Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G users can currently get pleasure from the newest Android 4.3 jelly bean options on their device, because of the release of CyanogenMod 10.2 (CM10.2) unofficial build from CM team via CyanogenMod Github repo. this is an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based custom release, which needs ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) to be pre-installed.
CM10.2 unofficial build works without installing Google apps on the device. However, users should install Google apps to get latest third-party add-ons together with the native Android apps.
Samsung Galaxy S2 users who would like to install Android 4.3 on their devices using the CM10.2 unofficial build could follow our stepwise guide below.
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held responsible for any mishap. Users are also suggested to make sure that their handsets meet the subsequent needs before installing the custom build.
Key Points to Notice:
- Download and Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 to transfer files between the Android device and the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the PC and use Android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option and then check the USB Debugging Mode.
- Because the tutorial would possibly wipe out all information of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries like ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed, then backup information using the recovery.
- The Galaxy S2 ought have higher than eighty percent battery charge.
- The phone ought be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
- The CM10.2 unofficial builds work solely with Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G. As flashing these on any incorrect variant is likely to brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by navigating to Settings> About Phone> Model Number.
- After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experiences boot loop, then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache 5 more times before rebooting the device.
- Users are suggested to allow 5 to ten minutes to the ROM after the device boots up the primary time to settle everything for an improved using experience.
Steps to install Android 4.3 jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with CM10.2 unofficial build:
- Step-1) Download CM10.2 Android 4.3 jelly bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 to the PC.
- Step-2) Download Google Apps package.
- Step-3) Connect and mount the Galaxy S2 USB memory on the PC using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone. make sure that the files are within the SD card root not in any folder. Also, don't extract any file.
- Step-4) Disconnect the USB cable from the phone and switch it off.
- Step-5) Boot the phone into Recovery Mode by turning on the phone whereas pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons along. Then release all 3 buttons.
- Note: In recovery mode, use the volume keys to navigate between the options and Power button to pick the required option.
- Step-6) In recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup of the present ROM that can be restored later if the new ROM doesn't work or just in case users want to go back to the previous ROM. To perform Nandroid backup, choose Backup and Restore, and then on the next screen, choose Backup once more. return to the main recovery menu once the backup is completed.
- Step-7) Perform information wiping task to eliminate clash between the new ROM and the previous ROM. choose wipe data/factory reset and then choose yes on the next screen to verify the action. wait for some time till the wiping method is finished and come back to the CWM recovery menu. currently perform a cache wipe by choosing wipe cache partition.
- Note: This is optional however it's suggested that you perform a wipe of dalvik cache to avoid boot loops and any other error. From CWM recovery, go to advanced option and then choose wipe dalvik cache.
- Step-8) Come back to the main recovery menu and opt for install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the CM10.2 Android 4.3 ROM zip earlier copied to the SD card of the phone. Press the power button to pick it and confirm installation on the next screen. The ROM installation ought currently begin.
- Step-9) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the above step however currently select Google Apps to install same.
- Step-10) Once the installation method is completed, go to +++++Go Back +++++ and reboot the phone by choosing reboot system now from the recovery menu. The device will reboot currently and boot up into the personalized CM10.2 custom firmware. the primary boot will take regarding 5 minutes.
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot the phone into recovery, choose Backup and Restore then restore the ROM by choosing it from the list.
Samsung Galaxy S2 ought currently be updated with CM10.2 Android 4.3 jelly bean custom ROM. To verify the new software version running on the device head over to Settings> About Phone.