Samsung has just begun rolling out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean software upgrade for the 3G + Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab two 7.0, code named as GT-P3100, starting from France.
The latest official build with base firmware P3100XXDMG6 is obtainable as Over-The-Air (OTA) update and additionally through Samsung Kies. Head over to Settings> About Tablet> Software Update to check for OTA update.
The Android 4.2.2 software brings several new options and major changes like dedicated notification panel within the status bar, lockscreen widgets, multiple user accounts, better accessibility, DayDream, new widgets and launcher from the Galaxy S4. Besides, it's expected to bring enhancements in performance and battery life.
Click here for our stepwise guide to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on Galaxy Tab two 7.0 P3100.
People who have already installed XXDMG6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on their tablets and presently searching for a root technique, could follow our guide. The tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root file released by recognized XDA developer, Chainfire. the root package permits users to root the Galaxy tablet without any issue. It supports Android 4.2.2 and future firmware also.
The root increases flash counter of the device. However, the flash counter can be reset to zero using TriangleAway app, after rooting the device.
IBNewsline reminds its readers that it'll not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are suggested to verify that their devices meet following needs.
Key Points to Notice:
- Download and Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab two 7.0 to transfer files between the Android device and PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet to connect the Android device with the PC and use the Android SDK with it. Press Menu> Settings> Applications. From there navigate and click on on Development option then check the USB Debugging Mode.
- Because the tutorial would possibly wipe out all information of the Galaxy tablet, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries like CWM/TWRP already installed then backup the information using the recovery.
- The Galaxy Tab ought have higher than eighty percent battery charge.
- The device ought be factory unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier.
- The tablet will lose its manufacturer's warranty once it's rooted. However, users can reclaim the warranty back by unrooting the device later.
- The CF-Auto-Root file works solely on the Samsung Galaxy Tab two 7.0 P3100. As applying this to any incorrect variant would possibly brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by choosing Settings> About Tablet> Model Number.
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Step-1) Download CF-Auto-Root package for Samsung Galaxy Tab two 7.0 to the PC.
- File Name: CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip.
- Step-2) Extract the downloaded root zip to get CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 file inside it.
- Step-3) Download Odin 3.07. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe with some other files.
- Step-4) Shut down the Galaxy tablet and boot it into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons along till a construction Android robot icon with a triangle seems on the screen. Press the Volume Up button to still enter into Download Mode.
- Step-5) Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator.
- Step-6) Insert the USB cable to the Galaxy Tab to connect it with the PC whereas it's within the Download Mode. wait for some time till Odin detects the tablet. once the device is connected with success, an added message will seem under Odin message box. Also, the ID: COM box will turn blue with the COM port number indicating successful connection.
- Note: If the added message doesn't come then attempt another USB port, attempt the one located at the rear side of the PC. If Odin still fails to find the device then re-install USB driver.
- Step-7) In Odin, click the PDA button and choose CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 file
- Step-8) Make sure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are chosen in Odin. however uncheck the Re-Partition option.
- Step-9) Countercheck everything then hit the start button in Odin to begin installation.
- Step-10) Once the flashing method is completed, the tablet will restart automatically. and shortly a PASS message with green background will seem within the extreme-left box at the top of Odin. Users could currently safely unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the PC.
Samsung Galaxy Tab two 7.0 running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware ought currently be rooted with success. Open the app drawer of the device and check for an app known as SuperSU. To verify the root status, install Root Checker app from Google Play Store.